“One of the best presenters we have had in the school since I started teaching here five years ago.”
– Amber Guenther, Science Teacher Kelvington High School
Extreme weather is hitting the headlines on a more regular basis. It seems like the natural disasters, heat waves, cold snaps and all of mother-nature’s extremes are at the forefront of public consciousness every day.
Stars from the TV show “Tornado Hunters” Chris Chittick and Ricky Forbes have created dynamic presentations for school aged children on the subject of severe weather. School presentations can be designed for large assembly style groups and classrooms.
The Tornado Hunters have a combined 20+ years of chasing mother nature’s fury across North America. They have first hand knowledge from over 400 tornadoes, from a small EF-1 to being inside the largest tornado ever recorded, a 4.0 km wide tornado in Oklahoma. Beyond tornadoes they have experienced some of the most powerful lightning events, devastating hail, hurricanes and more. The goal of their presentations is to bring this knowledge and these stories into the discussion to educate and entertain the students.
- Presentations include multimedia photo and video as well as info-graphic presentations and stories. Students remain engaged and all presentations are focused on retention of some key science and safety messages. When possible the team will bring along ‘Flash’ the tornado truck for some hands-on experiential learning!
- Due to schedule demands booking spaces are fairly limited and where possible we like to group together schools in reasonable proximity on the same day or days.
- $200 | One Classroom
- $500 | Assembly
- $800 | Full day – 5 Classrooms
Book a Presentation: Please contact Tracy Lalonde at firstname.lastname@example.org or (306) 370-7360.
Watch the TV show Tornado Hunters online here: www.cmt.ca/show/tornado-hunters.
View the team profiles here:
” I am absolutely delighted and over whelmed that you made a visit to Major Pratt school today. My son called me as soon as school finished to tell me all about your presentation to the students. I was in the car driving, had him on loud speaker and he was so excited he struggled to tell me all about it. We have been hearing all about you for over six hours now. You know what, I love it. My son took in every second of your visit and as did I with him repeating all of it. I can’t thank you enough and I just wish I had been there today too. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the joy and happiness you brought to so many today.”
– Gail Steveson, Russell, Manitoba
“Wow, we are all still so impressed – that was fantastic. Wish our highschool would have taken the opportunity, but we will be spreading the fantastic word out in our area and on social media – this was the best/top notch presentation ever. Here is our webpage and a blurb we put on…. http://www.nesd.ca/School/maudeburke/Pages/newsitem.aspx?ItemID=5&ListID=0a9047df-9b0a-400d-9de3-e581e1fc5f15&TemplateID=Announcement_Item”
– Randy Steciuk, Principal Maude Elementary Melfort, Saskatchewan