Over the past 15 years I have taught thousands of people how to use a camera. As a professional photographer I value time and simplicity. Camera Easy is my philosophy.Greg Johnson, The Tornado Hunter
Workshop Dates and Locations
Your instructor is Greg Johnson, the Tornado Hunter. With over 20 years of professional photography experience Greg will give you the ‘ah-ha’ moments and make sure you understand how the camera works. The Intro course is designed to teach a technical overview and understanding of your Digital SLR or Mirrorless camera. Simply put, you will understand how your camera works by the end of the workshop, and you will have a ton of fun while learning! Over 15 hours of instruction throughout the 2 days. Generally, classes run from 9 am – 5 pm. Lunches, snacks and beverages are included.
To register, please scroll down and fill out the registration form. At the bottom, click the drop down bar for location options. Click Submit. You will be directed to a payment page where you can choose to pay via Paypal or with a credit card.
Workshop Dates and Locations
|Jan 25-26 2020 (Sat-Sun)||INTERMEDIATE – Regina, SK – $425||Dallas Valley Ranch||SOLD OUT|
|Feb 13-14 2020 (Thur-Fri)||Regina, SK – $425||Sandman Inn||SOLD OUT|
|Feb 22-23 2020 (Sat-Sun)||Ottawa, ON – $425||Towne Suites Marriot||SOLD OUT|
|Feb 29-Mar 1 2020 (Sat-Sun)||Swift Current – $425||Home Inn||SOLD OUT|
|Mar 12-13 2020 (Thur-Fri)||Red Deer, AB – $425||Kerry Wood Nature Centre||SOLD OUT|
|Mar 14-15 2020 (Sat-Sun)||Edmonton, AB – $425||Radisson Hotel and Convention Center||SOLD OUT|
|Mar 26-27 2020 (Thur-Fri)||Prince Albert, SK – $425||Holiday Inn Express||PPD|
|Mar 28-29 2020 (Sat-Sun)||Saskatoon, SK – $425||Hampton Inn Airport||PPD|
|April 2-3 2020 (Thur-Fri)||Victoria, BC – $425||Inn at Laurel Point||PPD|
|April 4-5 2020 (Sat-Sun)||Vancouver, BC – $425||Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront||PPD|
|April 9 2020 (Thur)||Grand Prairie, AB – $200||Podollan Inn and Spa||PPD|
|April 16-17 2020 (Thur-Fri)||Davidson, SK – $425||Elks Hall||PPD|
|April 18-19 2020 (Sat-Sun)||Lloydminster, AB – $425||Lakeland College||PPD|
|April 23-24 2020 (Thur-Fri)||Lethbridge, AB -$425||Paradise Canyon Golf Resort||PPD|
|April 25-26 2020 (Sat-Sun)||Medicine Hat, AB – $425||Medicine Hat Lodge||PPD|
|April 30-May 1 2020 (Thur-Fri)||Brandon, MB – $425||Canad Inns||PPD|
|May 2-3 2020 (Sat-Sun)||Yorkton, SK – $425||Western Dev Museum||PPD|
Workshop Registration Form
- Fill out the form and click submit. You will be directed to a payment page where you can choose to pay via Paypal or with a credit card.
- To use a credit card, click “Pay with a Credit or Visa Debit Card” . This will allow you to enter your credit card information. Please ensure the name, address and phone number entered in this portion match that of your credit card.
- To pay via E-transfer, please email Tracy at email@example.com for instructions.
WOW! This course has created so many AH-HA moments for me. Greg not only simplify my camera to a tool that I finally understand, he made it fun and interesting. The two days flew by and I was disappointed when it ended. Even if you know absolutely nothing about photography, this is the course for you... read more
This is a common sense course that applies to everybody. This course will elevate your knowledge of the camera as well as how to look at all photography with a professional eye. Greg covered a lot of material for all different levels of photographer and all different cameras in an entertaining fashion... read more
I really don’t like doing reviews because I am not sure what to say...so here goes!!! Greg was simply wonderful, he doesn’t talk down to you even if he has to tell you a dozen times until the light bulb comes on and you get it!!! I never felt intimidated and if I did get confused he’d help me get through... read more
What is correct exposure
Navigating around the camera – What does it all mean
Holding the camera
Focal Length – effects on quality
Holding focus and recomposing
Single shot focusing
Composition – Rule of thirds
Composition – SCUFI
Composition – Perspective
Candid Photography techniques
Q: I cannot make it to a workshop. Do you have an online version of your workshops?
- A: Yes! Camera Easy is my online course and I even recommend it as a followup to the live events. If you can’t make it out to a live event workshop, then Camera Easy is just what the doctor ordered.
Q: I have not yet purchased a camera but I intend to and would like to take the course. Do you provide cameras
to learn with?
- A: We have a camera we can lend for the course. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make these arrangements
Q: I am a pure beginner. I literally know nothing about the camera and only use the auto stuff. Is this the course for me?
- A: Yes. The intro course will allow you to understand how the camera works. Everyone has to start somewhere!
Q: If I am already quite familiar with my camera is the intro workshop right for me? What topics will be covered?
- A:, Yes, this is definitely the correct workshop. There will of course be some repetition on a few items, however, I have a very different approach and from my experience, with thousands of photographers that have come through this course, everyone benefits starting here.
With that being said, going straight into the Intermediate course is right for some people. The following questions will help direct you to the correct workshop:
- What camera are you using?
- Do you shoot in manual mode?
- Do you have an external flash?
- Please list your two favourite lenses that you currently own?
- If you shoot at night (aurora/stars/lightning) please attach one or two images.
- By answering these questions I will be able to ensure we get you in the right workshop.
- Please email your responses to email@example.com
Q: I have a camera which is an advanced travel camera, it has the usual capabilities but no interchangeable lens. Is it worth me taking the course when I have a limited camera?
- A: ZS100 is a fantastic camera. Although it is not a dslr camera, it has every bit of the necessary functionality and is totally suitable for the workshop. That being said, one of the outcomes from the workshop will likely be that you will discover that there are a few limitations with this camera. I suggest taking the workshop with this camera and if and when you decide to upgrade to a better version, you will have a great idea of what you need and want.
Q: Am I able to purchase a gift certificate for someone?
- A: Yes, gift certificates are available in any denomination and can be purchased by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will wait to contact the recipient until after the gift has been received.
Q: Is a micro 4/3 camera is suitable to take this class?
- A: Yes
Q: I was wondering about these classes as I have a mirrorless camera and would love to know how to use it. Are these classes beneficial for my type of camera. I was hesitant to sign up because of this.
- A: Yes
Q: I have an older Camera – Canon T3i
- A: Perfect, don’t buy anything before the workshop. We will spend some time discussing purchasing and things to avoid.
Q: I have a Nikon D90 which is about 10 yrs old. Would that suffice for the workshop?
- A: Perfect. Yes, this is a wonderful camera, however the technology is older. It will be great for the workshop and then you can make a more informed decision about purchasing after your two days with Greg.
Q: I have taken the Intro course. What does the intermediate course offer that is different? What if I “forget” some of the stuff I learned in the beginner course?
- A: You are absolutely ready to take the Intermediate course. We will review a few things from the Intro class before we get started. The intermediate workshop will build on the skills you learned in the intro workshop and focus on more advanced techniques like bracketing, tripod shooting, long exposures, workflow, night shooting and some editing.